Monday, February 06, 2006

Don't Fear The Reaper

As Monday's go, today didn't go too bad at all. After a slowish sort of start it soon got into a good day with the 'banter' flowing fast and thick and with the boss being away it was even better.
  After viewing some quality video footage on Paul's phone the "in thing to say" for today soon became "Whoar Yeah, Whoar Yeah..."
At lunchtime, listening to Radio 2 it got mentioned that today being the 1st Monday of February, it was the day most likely for people 'to throw a sickie'. I would like to know why I wasn't informed of this earlier so as not to be left out on this momentous day, as it is not like me to be off work on a Monday.
  As the afternoon went on it was good to hear the guy (Nick Flynn) who famously fell down a flight of stairs at a Cambridge Museum smashing into some priceless vases speak up for himself. Here are a couple of quote's he gave to the press
"I have a few household accidents, maybe drop a cup or two, smash a plate - but nothing like this has ever happened to me before"
and
"Well, I've been driving for a considerable amount of time and not had any serious accidents, and I seem to have most of my faculties"
He has surprisingly enough been told by the museum's director that he is not welcome there for the near future... mmm...I wonder why?...
  After this I thought it was going to be hard to top this for making my day but wait,...As I was skimming through 'The Sun' I stumbled accross this little gem and proceeded in taking the test with my reluctant workmate Paul who was by now beginning to resemble a cross between an old style Action Man and Rocky due to opening a door into his own face,
anyway try the test below and see your estimated age to die!!!
(If image is too small 'click on link' to 'The Sun')


Apparently I'll be 83 years old and Paul will be 63 years old when the old grim reaper comes a knocking.

3 Comments:

At 10:32 PM , Blogger kats said...

I would prefer the date of my death to be a surprise. But, there again if you die before you are 83 the suprise will be on you.

 
At 10:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well i am happy with 63 its something to aim for.

 
At 3:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Mr. S. according to my poor tired brains calculations i should make it to 76.
What a thought that is to look forward to.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home